Day 25: Fantastic Baby - BIGBANG

Song: Fantastic Baby
Artist: BIGBANG
Jan 25

My excitement for this week to be over has me feeling ready to just dance and let go. I had a fun night out with friends from work and now I feel keyed up for the remainder of the weekend. 

BIGBANG is a 5 member group that debuted in 2006. They have been dubbed the "Kings of K-pop" and honestly if you are looking for some good hype or dance music BIGBANG has got you covered.

"Fantastic Baby" is just a fun song. It's not something super dynamic or deep but that's fine. There are many days where you just need something that is upbeat and let's all the introspective and, for lack of a better term, "bad vibes" out. The buzzing synths and pulsing beat are club like and make me want to dance. The vocals are what hold our attention and embellish the party vibe. I want to talk specifically about G-dragon's vocal, because, if I am being honest, his unique sound is what first drew me into BIGBANG. High pitched, whiny, and placed primarily in the nasal register it catches the ear right away in its contrast to the lower and rich tone of the other members. It is a contrast that I very much enjoy and sets them apart from other groups. There is a taunting, cocky tone in the vocals; as if they are saying "I'm having the time of my life and you can't stop that" while blowing a raspberry.   Even though I tend to just focus on the music itself, I'd be remiss if I didn't talk about the music video for "Fantastic Baby".  The bizarre, quirky video makes up for anything that the song itself lacks in the sense of a deeper meaning while maintaining the over the top fun the song embodies. 

As stated before there really isn't anything to pick apart, lyrically. The lyrics here are more anthem like and encouraging in its attempt to let the world fall away and just "dance".  There is also a nostalgia in the lyrics for me every time they say "BOOM! Shakalaka". Instant throwback.
"From one to ten, everything is one level above
Even if we crazily run on sand, we''re so agile
Because the sky is blue
Don't ask any questions, just feel it - feel who I am"

I really appreciate this verse. I am someone who spends a lot of time thinking, analyzing my feelings and the world around me. So, the notion of "don't think just feel" is a nice release from the constant stream of thought. 

Lyric that attacked me:
"My footsteps are faster than others
My youth is a different dimension"

Song Color: Neon Green 

Mood: Hyper

Comments

Popular Posts