Day 18: Say My Name - Ateez

Song: Say My Name
Artist: Ateez
Jan 18

All I want in life right now is to just be warm again. I'm snuggled under seven thick blankets as I type and I am still freezing. I can say that I am eternally grateful that today is finally Friday, effectively ending what has been an incredibly long week. 

Ateez is an eight member group featuring two rappers and six vocalists. They debuted in late 2018 with the single "Pirate King" which has the filthiest drop I have ever heard and I am absolutely obsessed with it.

The intro to "Say My Name" gives me Western movie vibes that were fused with "Legend of Zelda". That piccolo just slaps. I feel like I can actually hear Link's spin move during its appearances.  If I'm being totally honest with you my mental picture at the beginning here for some reason is Antonio Banderas cosplaying as Link in a desert. The music definitely screams adventure and somehow manages to have a nostalgic undertone. I find "Say My Name" makes me want to go and play the video games of my childhood but it also lowkey makes me feel like I am about to be trapped "Sword Art Online" style. I love the buildup into the drop and the drop itself.. damn. I can't even describe the way it attacks me properly. The best I can do is describe it as dark bitter chocolate, rich and robust. 


So, "Say My Name" was only released a few days ago, so while I have found some lyric translations they aren't the best. That being said I will still surmise the jist of the lyrics but I think I will revisit the lyrics at a later date for a more thorough breakdown.  I know I am on a video game kick with this song but the lyric translation I am reading right now kind of support that concept. Obviously I do know it is deeper than that but I like the story it tells this way.
"Also, take gold treasures
Walk to me
Call me and call me
My name is in the search box"

"Cover and watch
The name is just four letters
Love the tease
Zoom in here cause I'm the Captain"


Lyric that attacked me:
"A dream is a complete mess"

Song Color: Green

Mood: Nostalgic 

Comments

Popular Posts