Day 17: Middle Fingers - Missio

Song: Middle Fingers
Artist: MISSIO
Jan 17

My urge to shake the stupidity out of people has reached new heights today. I am just so tired of ignorant opinions and the foolish whims people blindly follow. After a full week of dealing with the former I feel like I am one idiotic remark away from recreating 2007 Britney.

Formed in 2016 and officially debuting in 2017, MISSIO is an Alternative pop rock duo from Austin, TX. The name MISSIO deriving from the Latin word for Mission. 


For a song titled "Middle Fingers" it's strangely not as aggressive as one would think. It's rather light but twinged with that "Customer Service smile", for those not in the know it's the largest smile you can plaster on your face while you simultaneously imagine whatever rude human you are dealing with falling face first into a vat of cold gravy. This song is actually quite comical to me in a good way. It starts out sounding like what you would hear in an 80s training montage. I picture Rocky Balboa throughout the entirety of the track just flipping random passersby off as he runs up those iconic stairs. The bursts from the keyboard only adding to my montage notion. The bass line sounds at times sounds like if Grouplove had a lovechild with Awolnation, which I am fairly positive is another aspect of why I find "Middle Fingers" so amusing. My first experience with MISSIO was actually seeing them open for Nothing but Thieves back in 2017 (I believe) and I have to tell you "Middle Fingers" live was one of the funniest concert experiences I have ever beheld. As you can probably expect the entire venue was literally waving the bird around like you would wave a lighter (as the track has some ballad like moments). It's probably the first and only time I have seen an entire crowd give the finger to a performer that was not given out of dislike towards the artist. 

Lyrically "Middle fingers" says exactly what it means. There is no metaphor or anything to interpret here, just some nice easy listening about sending a giant F.U. to the world around you. And isn't that we all need some days?

Lyric that attacked me:
"I don't like the music other people tend to share
Hate your loser lyrics, middle fingers in the air"

Song color:
Nude

Mood: Annoyed but amused 

Comments

Popular Posts