Day 19: Turn it Up- T.O.P

Song: Turn it Up
Artist: T.O.P
Jan 19

Usually I'd spend my Saturdays blissfully do absolutely nothing. Today I didn't have that luxury but on the flip side I've had a productive day that has left me feeling like a boss ass bitch.

T.O.P is a rapper, singer, actor, and member of the super group BIGBANG.

Deep bass drums lead the helm. We have some synth electronic harmonies throughout but the star of the instrumental portion are for sure the drums. The beat is tribal and animalistic as if T.O.P is on the prowl.. like actually prowling though, slinky crawling and everything. Which knowing T.O.P that's not too far off. He definitely marches to the beat of his own.. drum. There is something cocky and aloof within the tone of the song. I feel as if it perfectly embodies that "boss ass bitch"vibe that I talked about earlier.

Our lyrics are essentially T.O.P going off about how awesome he is while taking shots at anyone who has spoken ill about him in the past. I definitely love me a good diss track.
"Listen closely to this taunting message
Turn it up loud, Turn it up Loud"

"I be the official pimp T.O.P
Older women wish they could meet me just once
The thing that makes me different from you lot is my superiority"

"I'm John Galliano, Dior, Louis Vuitton,
Van Assche, YSL, Dolce & Gabbanam
Givenchy, Alexander McQueen, Tuxedo and shoes
Always Dom Perignon Pink"

"I'm mild, neither greasy nor frothy at all
I'm confident"

I mean.. I hope one day I am even a fraction of this level of confidence. Also that last lyric makes me laugh every single time. 


Lyric that attacked me:
"I'ma be satisfied with my life
You and I , our future is bright
If you work hard and enjoy the ride, it's simple
I'm stronger than a broad level highway"

Song Color: Red

Mood: Pumped

Comments

Popular Posts