Day 41: Destroyer- Monsta X

Song: Destroyer
Artist: Monsta X
 Feb 10

Today I have been determined to catch up on everything that I have fallen behind on and I feel rather accomplished by all that I have achieved at this point in the day. I'm sitting here now finally taking my first chance to relax in a solid week.

Monsta X are a seven member group formed through survival show "No.Mercy". They debuted in 2015 but released their first full studio album in 2017.

A steady piano plays over an airy synth. The vocal melody begins gently guiding. As the rap verse of Jooheon takes over a fast paced drum kit joins raising the stakes.  As we venture into the chorus we are hit with a dynamic and powerful vocal melody that strikes deep in the depths of your stomach. The aggressive electric guitar creating a layer of dimension without being too abrasive with the honey tones of Kihyun and Wonho. "Destroyer" emotes empowerment and strength. Challenging us to break free of our metaphorical chains.

For a song titled "Destroyer" the lyrics are incredibly romantic.

"Through the tunnel of time
The moment I opened my eyes
As if I woke up from a short dream
You appeared like magic"

Right from the get go I think of the concept of reincarnation. The fate of reuniting with their soul mate. 

"Past destiny, destroyer
(Destroyer) destroyer
However many times it takes, rewind
I'll go to you, rewind
The ending is up to me anyway"

Again reincarnation or even time travel. Resetting and starting over until the ending goes the way they want. The concept makes my head spin with all the variables. 

"I hear my heart beating again
In this moment as we're giving and taking
I won't miss this moment
Come to me because you're my air
Let me rest in you
So I can fall asleep"

Lyric that attacked me: 
"In this twisted place, only my memories are complete
Emptying out all regrets"

Song Color: Jade

Mood: Determined


Comments

Popular Posts